Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugKiller View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
... Btw did you not get handcuffed being pulled over at 140?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
That's if they chase and catch you
No drama. I saw the lights go on, I pulled over. The road I was on had nothing paved you could even call a cross-road for the past or the next 20 miles. There was no escaping. If one did there would almost certainly be a NHP car waiting for you in Austin, Nevada. You can't outrun radio.

The officer walked up to the car and asked "How are you doing today sir?" I said "Ok until now" with a big s-eating smile. He gave me a hard look but I kept a slight smile and kept my hands at 10 and 2 on the steering wheel until he told me to pull my license, registration, and proof of insurance.

As he wrote me up we chatted about if he drove stock cars at the track in Tonopah (many NHP'ers do; not many amusements in Tonopah). He said "I know there is no traffic out here but you cannot be going that fast. I am going to write you up for 80 in a 70 so it does not queer your insurance" (that is an exact word-for-word quote; not my words, his).

I paid the $135 ticket by mail. I could have gone back and taken traffic school in Tonopah to keep the ticket off my record but I rarely get ticketed and that would have meant missing two days in the office so I just paid the ticket.
Not faster than a radio but zero chance they get the plate#

Those days are behind me now.

I ride a 1250 GS Adventure bike now I call the "Mule"
Attached Images

Appreciate 1