09-25-2020, 05:46 AM   #8
Flamingi
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: M550d F11, 225xe U06

Garage List
  [0.00]
Why is this question even being asked if there is a clear answer to it already. From the BMW designer himself. And there are many interviews like that where he always states it's 4 series exclusively (exclusively for the sport version of the core product - which is the 4 series).

Quote:
“Of course, if you just look at the grille, you might say ‘Okay, it’s getting bigger’, but you have to look at our [iconic] mask and kidney grille – which is very unique – then I think we should be much more self-confident and proud of this.”

Furthermore, Dukec says that the large kidney grille doesn’t apply to all BMWs, like for example the new Z4, 8 Series and G20 3 Series.

“Our goal was to differentiate the models, like the G20 3 Series and G32 4 Series now. In the past, models like the E90 and E92 were very close in design, with small differences, but today, we have two different type of customers. One will say ‘It’s not sport enough, I want expression and extroversion’, so you really have to split [these customers].”

“We want to give every car its own character. This is like the times when there was a 2002 and then there was a 3.0 CSI. Two different characters, and that was the point with the 4 and 8 Series,”
Also, personal opinion, Yas Marina Blue interior is fire. The yellow contrast stitiching works really really good (blue and yellow are complementary colors). Of course with a green exterior it might not work, but try Dravit Grey or White.

And finally, to answer some other question I saw here. the M3 always had the same front as the M4 (or when they were both M3s, the limousine always had the front of the coupe). So it's no surprise the G80 has the same front as the G82.

Last edited by Flamingi; 09-25-2020 at 05:53 AM..
Appreciate 0