View Single Post
      09-02-2022, 08:04 AM   #44
GTS Daddy
#Driver
Rep
Drives: '23 G80x

The ONLY reason I am on this forum now is because my employer is not doing employee purchases at this time. I was ready to spec a '23 Macan GTS to replace my '15 Macan Turbo.

Yes, the Macan is a compromise car but here in Colorado with limited garage space, some can say it (GTS) is the "perfect," all-around compromise car for the enthusiast.

Luckily, the lack of an employee purchase option has lead me to lurk here. For me, the upside to a G80 M3 is its a car, not an SUV. SUV's are fine and all, but they're always a compromise in looks and physics as they have to be. A car can be at home on a racetrack whereas an SUV, no matter how functional it is, is still awkward. Sure there is a lack of ground clearance in the G80, but with a set of winter tires, I can pretty much get where I need here in the low-lands. For the high-country, I lease my wife a Macan which can handle just about anything our CO winters can throw at it.

I think it comes down to utility/ground-clearance/only-car syndrome. With the G80, both have quality interiors. Handling is pretty close at 8/10's. Driver's engagement is also pretty close at 8/10's with a slight edge to the Macan w/PDK and that phenomenal steering. At the same time, push both to 10/10's (which most will never do esp at the track) and that's where the cream rises to favor the M3.

If you are solely going for looks and utility is lower, like a lot lower on the priority list, get the most expensive 911 you can afford and don't look back.
Appreciate 0