12-21-2021, 12:56 PM   #88
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedoy View Post
I agree mostly, I think most EV reviewers need to mention that EVs handle very good for their weight. Pound for pound, most EVs will outhandle ICE due to low center of gravity and the weight being evenly distributed between axles. Plus with independently controlled electric motors you can do really cool torque vectoring. For example, Model S Plaid just did 1.08G skidpad in C&D review, for comparison BMW M5 CS did 1.02G being like 700 lbs. lighter..
My problem is that people need to realize that they don't need massive battery with 600+ miles of range, all they need is a good reliable changing network and 250+ miles of range. I will take a 3500 lbs 250 miles range EV with a good insulation (no stupid 8 ft glass roof) and a heat pump for cold days range.
EVs are a cheat code that have democratized acceleration and handling to any and every car regardless of segment in the market. Objectively speaking they are superior to our beloved ICE, but subjectively it is up to the individual and their expectations/experience level with good driver's cars. A lot of the pro-EV crowd used to drive Priuses and Subarus so to them their Tesla is a "sports car." For the actual driving enthusiasts it's a different story.

We will just have to wait and see who can create an actual proper EV driver's car. Save for the EV Boxster and Giulia (which are a few years away) I am not seeing any such contenders. By all accounts the i4 is just a heavier and less focused version of the already ho-hum driving 4-series.
Appreciate 1
Sedoy680.00