Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassComp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4MULA_1 View Post
I received a similar message in my 550 in the past. Took it to the dealer, they said it was a sensor in the passenger seat which in order to change required them changing the whole seat bottom cushion, which they had to order and took three weeks to arrive…so I'd make sure they put you in a nice loaner for the time being
Why would you need a loner in this scenario?

I would imagine the vehicle is still drivable (no passengers in that seat for safety's sake)....they could just disconnect the seat sensor to turn off the audible alarm, and the dealership would notify you when the part came in. At least that's what happened to me on a past vehicle when a similar instance occurred....

A dealer can't expect you to drive around without a passenger in the front seat for the duration it takes for the part to get in. If it's the sensor that decides if the seat is occupied or not leading to the airbag being deployed or not then this would potentially become a liability for the dealer. Which is why they'd probably give a loner till the part comes in. Of course that's assuming all the above as in that's the sensor's functionality
Appreciate 0