View Single Post
      12-23-2020, 10:38 AM   #27
MIM5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
  [0.00]
I am debating the same thing. I currently have an f10 M5, and was debating to switch to an f90 or get a g80. To me I plan on modding either one that I get. That’s probably my deciding factor between the two, which I would say my choice would have to be the M3. Reason being is it will be slightly lighter, motor will probably be just as stout if not more when talking about boltons before ripping into the motor, power to weight will be better, and lastly depreciation won’t be as bad compared to their starting point. Over time the m3’s of the same year usually go for more then an m5 of that same year. Coming from the s63 side, everyone is scared of bending rods or bearings going bad and I believe that’s still an issue with the new s63 motors. The s58 motor hasn’t been out for long, but in the x3m it seems to be holding up well to mods. I’d assume both motors would probably max out around the same power levels before having to rip into the motors, but the s63 scares me when keeping power at that level for a long time.
Appreciate 0