10-08-2020, 02:48 PM   #72
Rick955
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
I'd say all of the above . Track driving is a very important factor for me, since my car is also my hobby. So "60-130mph" acceleration, cornering and braking is what really matters to me . I could not care less about 0-60mph.
I get what you are all saying. I guess I'm just getting tired of BMW diminishing the "M" line. Remember some years back when everyone was grabbing M badges on eBay and sticking them next to their normal badges? No need to do that anymore... BMW does it for you now! Everything has an M variant. I know it's all about sales and shareholders. I'm glad they at least made the new G8x's LOOK unique... at least for now. But you watch, a few years from now if the sales are hot, they will put an M appearance package on the 3 and 4 series to give it the M3/M4 "look" to pad their sales. Engine performance has already gone that route where it used to be a more significant difference, and now it's approaching that of the actual M cars... the X3M, M440, M550i, etc. This is what you read now... "The M550i gains 67 horsepower and 73 lb-ft of torque, making this 523-hp sedan an even more appealing alternative to the more expensive M5 sport sedan."

I am definitely going with the new M3. Going with a color not offered on the 3 or 4 series, and gonna love it and enjoy the uniqueness while I can!

Anyway, the thread says "Why is BMW M going in a new direction?".

Last edited by Rick955; 10-08-2020 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: Correct AMG
Appreciate 0