MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyD View Post
When you are driving at normal speed, it does feel like just a really good M4. When you start to really push it, it feels special. I think the car is being judged too much against the badge on it.

Also CSL never meant “road first”, in fact bmw had a PowerPoint deck that said the opposite and how CSL was replacing GTS in their branding. They had an M2 CSL prototype that had a cage and a wing. I think the reason they didn’t put a cage and wing on this particular car is cause it probably didn’t provide the benefits needed to justify that weight.

They wanted to be able to have their performance monikers be C -> CS -> CSL. GTS was a Porsche term historically, not a BMW term.
I have a patent in the US for an invention of mine. Few years after the first patent, I applied for another.

After three years of searching the entire world for other prior art, USPTO cited my first patent against my second.

Similarly, the problem with M4CSL is not weight, length, or even the performance; the problem with the M4CSL is how good the M4 Competition is
ScullyD5160.50
gnx759.50
jmg18676.00
Frosty780.00
PLF693766.00
DM5PAV375.00
SpinalTap109.50
clutchdj1875.50