No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW iX, Porsche GT4 RS

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [10.00]
2022 BMW iX  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DM5PAV View Post
Not sure what a really good m4 is, you mean like a tuned m4 with some aftermarket parts?
That’s pretty much what I always thought of these cars as, tuned and aftermarket from BMW warranty intact.

As for the rest, anyone can read what they like from these reviews and read and reread them voraciously… but they are at least half BS.
I think it’s tough to say. I think the feel of the M2 CS and M5 CS cars would be virtually impossible to replicate in the aftermarket. The way their software has been tuned to take advantage of small tweaks in the chassis setup feels too nuanced.

As for the M4 CSL, It actually feels a lot different than the older F80 M4s I’ve driven cause of the rear suspension configuration. So it doesn’t feel like a tuned aftermarket car could come close to that feeling unless it did so much chassis work to an M4C, that you’d start to run up a big bill for a tuning job.

However, I think you could possibly make a tuned M4 that thrills you as much as the CSL or more 99% of the time. In fact the CSL itself is in need of some tweaks, I think, to be better on the road at 6-7/10s.

I haven’t driven a regular g80 personally, but if it’s somehow a lot less than the CSL in “fun to drive factor”, then it’s actually alot worse of a car then press and buyers will lead you to believe.
Appreciate 0