TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenG View Post
What I see is that BMW was about vehicle dynamics, efficiency, rigidity, power and control. That was their domain of competence and back then, we all admired that. Tomorrow, it's about chameleon colours and projecting fishes on the windows and having paying subscriptions to activate the things you already paid for in your cloud connected car.

In their old world, they had a sustainable advantage with their value proposal and they occupied that specific space with very little competition. In their new world, they go head-to-head with Chinese tech companies. Potentially Geely or BYD will be faster in the market with it for less money and equal experience.
I don’t know what the future is for BMW and the Neue Klasse. I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with you but and a lot of people are hung up on the technology part of the car like it’s the only differentiating factor. Is it going to be a significant and likely the main factor for most people? Absolutely, but BMW isn’t walking away from trying to make a driver-oriented car and just make the internet on four wheels. The i4 is good example of this.

I don’t agree with people saying all EVs will feel more/less the same. The i4, etron GT, Taycan, even the EQS all feel different in their own way and different than Tesla. Will there be less differentiating from one EV to another than ICE cars? Yes but it’s not all going to be vanilla.

Will the traditional aspects of a car take a back seat to all this tech? 100% but doesn’t mean I won’t look at one OEM over the other. There are going to be differentiating factors like there are today with ICE cars.

If the i4 is anything to go by, that and the unknown of what the Neue Klasse is going to bring is very exciting for me and lot of other people.
Appreciate 3
KoenG1428.50
syd34213.00
chris7197334.00