View Single Post
      01-06-2023, 10:06 PM   #4
syd34
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i GC

Garage List
The content and production quality of this keynote was incredible. It reminded me of a Steve Jobs Apple keynote.

What BMW has done here is invested into the growth and sustainability of the company and ensure they continue to be seen as a desirable company to the upcoming generations of car buyers. Regardless of how we feel about EVs, it is obvious that the future of vehicles is electrified in some way and BMW is up to the challenge to take innovation to a new level.

What really stood out for me in the keynote was the reference to how BMW pioneered car infotainment/connectivity system. They sure got a lot of hate in the beginning but iDrive is easily the best infotainment software in any car at any price point. Every single car company implemented a version of iDrive in the years after. While some things may be a gimmick in this iVision concept, it is great to see them taking big leaps in "digitization" to establish themselves again as innovators.

I am not trying to glorify EVs. My heart still longs for a G80 M3 Competition. But the future is very different and companies that do not embrace it may no longer be relevant.
Appreciate 4
Igor_M52134.00
KRS_SN13431.50