View Single Post
      01-03-2023, 02:10 PM   #10
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Jake Vrana just waived by Detroit.

I am surprised. He was traded from the Caps to Detroit for Mantha (who was theoretically Detroit's best player at the time). Went over and was putting up some good numbers initially before a big shoulder injury sidelined him for quite a while. Made a comeback and started putting up numbers again, but then went to NHL substance abuse program (speculation was addiction to pain pills, but no one knows for sure). Comes back from that, plays 3 games in the AHL (no goal on 9 shots), gets extended to AHL for 3 more games, but then hours later is waived.

There is more to this story than being told in the public. This guy had a great shot, great speed. Could change the momentum of a game with his skill level. All I'm hoping is that Jake can make a comeback and live a good life - I'm hoping he's not still in the throws of addiction. Best of luck Jake...