prei1978
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M440i xDrive Conv.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanNut88 View Post
The G81 was not available for driving, unfortunately, but one thing that amazed me is how different the M3/M4 G8X are to the X3M/X4M G0X. I was expecting the G8X to feel faster and nimbler but it felt to me like going from an X3 M40i to an M4. The engine even sounded different both inside and outside.

Another topic is the M Performance exhaust in the G8X: Putting the looks aside (who the hell approved that design??), the sound diference was only noticeable to me from the outside. Stock one was a little bit more muted and (probably) a little bit higher pitched also. I'm pretty sure that blindfolded only very fee people could differenciate them. Please take into account that I am talking about EU models, so it might be different in OPF-free countries.
Interesting your point about the differences between the M3/M4 and the X3M/X4M: I also had the opportunity to drive the X4M back-to-back with the M3 and M4 at the Perf. Center in SC and my impression was very similar to yours. I did not like the X4M much and it did not feel in the same league as the M3C/M4C on track.
Appreciate 0