10-16-2020, 12:59 PM   #7
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkap27 View Post
For the first drive prototype 'reviews' they had the journalists drive f80s and the g80 manual back to back and they all concluded the g80 is a considerably better driving experience. Granted they may have only let people that they knew would give a favorable review in on the test drive so I'd take that with a grain of salt lol but that definitely shows some confidence on behalf of bmw in the fact that the new generation will outperform the old setting up the test drive that way. I think once people look beyond 0-60 times the F80 won't hang with the G80 and many of the people not making the jump to the new generation will be based on looks alone. Pretty interesting Harris likes the F80 I think most of the auto community saw it as a bit of a letdown
The F80 was indeed a let down the first ~18 months of its sales period. It was very snappy and it could bite his driver giving the feeling it was working constantly against him. After that initial period, the set-up changed and as from that moment, I only read (very) positive reviews actually.

I'am not a gifted driver, but the M4 competitions I drove all felt like razor sharp and as from the go, I felt connected with it! Much more than with the F90 M5 actually.
Appreciate 2
SYT_Shadow11479.50
prompt292.00