View Single Post
      11-21-2021, 01:24 PM   #3
ATX_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Current, G80 Comp - IOMG, Form

I have a F80 CS with 23k miles that has been my daily (WFH so not much daily) and 6-8 track weekends per year and have a G80 Comp arriving late December / early January (fingers crossed).

For me, it's coming down to the financials of being able to sell the CS while the used car market is ridiculous and get a G80 for MSRP. The CS is the first car I've ever had that I didn't get the itch to get rid of it in year 2 - it's a great car.

I've driven the G80 at a M Track Day event @ COTA and was blown away at the handling and the ability to put down the 500+ HP. I really wanted to dislike the torque converter but it's really good. Maybe not as good as the DCT on track but way better at low speeds.

Being able to take my kids to school in the same car I drive on track is a major reason why the G80 will be my third M3. I'm the type of person who doesn't want a car (especially a M3) out of warranty so buying out my CS, paying tax on it (again), and getting an extended warranty to cover the power train puts the total cost pretty close to my G80.

I've gone back and forth on the "keep CS or get G80" since I placed the order in august. Now that it's close to having to make the call, I'm really leaning towards going with G80 but I think I could make a good argument on either side of this decision - they are both great cars.
Appreciate 0