View Single Post
      12-24-2020, 05:38 PM   #88
fl1by
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80, Raptor, STI and C8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahlem View Post
This car has some weird photo angles to it, but overall it is a nice looking car and takes cues from the old combined with the new and moving in a new direction, but as always looks are subjective and some will like it some won't but i doubt the next iteration will have this grill and not because of amount of negativity surrounding the car, and the grill but because the next M will probably be Phev or probably full EV where the grill no longer has a point in existing. And will be redesigned accordingly, unless they want to take advantage of the grill and put all radars and tech behind it then it will probably be transparent grill from the inside so the tech will work behind the grill.

If we are talking about a 8 year cycle of cars before a new model appears, then that will put us at year 2029 or 2030 if this car starts rolling out around 2021 that will hit the target for when a lot of countries will have already forbidden sales of new ICE engines and at this point there won't be anymore development of new ICE engines. It is a waste of money for car companies to keep putting R&D money in to ICE engines no matter how efficient they become they are still burning fuel and releasing carbon dioxide and still needs oil drilling and refinement to be converted in to fuel then transported on massive ships & trucks to fuel stations and this is beating a dead horse pretty much at year 2030-2040 that doesn't mean that all ICE cars are gone by 2030 that won't happen but new cars wont be sold with ICE engines, that is for sure.
I completely agree that this could be the last iteration Of a 500 horsepower ICE 3 series. The aftermarket will fill in the "I hate the front grill" with options in the near future.

For everyone that hates it, simple solution, buy something else.
Appreciate 0