View Single Post
      12-24-2020, 12:42 PM   #84
apirumann
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 335i, 99 E46 323i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonAlpine View Post
I understand why the people are vocal about this vehicle. It's the g8x which replaces the model we have always bought and enjoyed. I have owned every redesign since the 1999 e36, and I have never disliked the new model so much that it steered me away from buying one. This redesign was so radical that it moved a lot of people away from it, just look at their M performance parts for the g8x 🤢

I enjoy reading an unbiased forum, and for the most part it's not hate I read, it's disappointment. Will some minds change once they can actually drive one and maybe x-drive comes out; possibly. I haven't written off the car myself, I'm caught in the limbo most of us are in that saw the M8 release and never thought the g8x would go so wild in the redesign.

To those that love the car, good for you. There's no hate or jealousy, we aren't 1992 Civic drivers that come on here to troll, we are happy for you. Go buy it and make some in-depth reviews, we would love to see them.

^ This!

I am relieved to see adults care to share their opinion on this forum too.

When G8x came out, I was so disappointed. Then I watched M Town, got disappointed more.

I was at the dealership yesterday picking up some parts. After I was done, I checked out the new M440i in white. I am one of the bunch who criticizes the new design the most. I even suggested the design team should be fired but... seeing the car in flesh, changed my mind. The car does not look weird like in the photos. The lines that look so confusing and contradicting in the photos are really not there. I agree with whoever said it was not photogenic. That is so true. I do not think I can express this in words, you just need to see the car in person. White is not even a car color I like. I only saw the car in the showroom and sat in it. So it may not look that good outside, I do not know yet. Inside is spacious for a 6' 1" guy but not very comfortable and some interior elements look a bit tacky and cheap. I did not drive the car so I don't know how it handles. If it handles like a BMW, I may have a tough time deciding between F8x and G8x.
Appreciate 1
russell21147.00