United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterZgo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
Look, man, it's simple.
If all opinions were identically positive, this place would get boring real fast.
If you do not wish to read negative opinions about a car you personally like - on a public Internet forum, mind you - well, you can go ahead and create a G8x-specific worship forum that only bum lickers could have access to. Places like that already exist so you wouldn't be the first one.
Wow. Way to completely miss my point. I already said everyone’s entitled to their opinions and post away to your heart’s content. Doesn’t bother me much. I just observe these posts to try to understand human nature.

But you never answered my question... which is why do people incessantly post the same old tired criticisms in every single thread about a car they hate? Are they gluttons for punishment? Do they actually want to try to convince others to change their minds and join the hate the G8x tribe? Is it misery loves company? At this point, I couldn’t give 2 fucks if people like the looks or not. I’ll admit at one point, it was annoying reading the negative posts in every thread. Now the hate is just background noise and something that I pity the haters for... because I know it must feel bad for them to carry so much hate in their hearts... about a car that they have no desire to buy, no less!

I read the “anybody got kicked out of the G8x forum” thread over on the F80 forum for entertainment. It’s so interesting to see how worked up people get over trivial shit and to see how the hate morphs and evolves over time and to see how often people post and whether the hate dies down and who picks up the torch and runs with it. Truly fascinating stuff from a sociological perspective.

Seriously, life is too short to spend that much effort to actively seek out opportunities to spew hate over and over again. It’s mentally unhealthy. And, in this pandemic stricken and politically and socially divided world, there are already plenty of things to hate on and tear apart our society over. Why must we also do this about something as trivial as a car?
We need to give the haters their own subforum!

I am not afraid to criticize even a car that I love or own, but if i hate a car I express my opinion once or twice and get over it and move on. I have better things to focus on.

2022 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive
Appreciate 3
russell21147.00
AlterZgo1537.50
khanyam4801.50