Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD Aka New E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXE46 View Post
That was the designer's intent. He wanted bold and aggressive as well as to differentiate as much as possible from us plebes with the G20. If it's any consolation these M cars at least looks better than the G22. That car is an abomination at every angle on the exterior.

Furthermore, I am sure some future G80/G82 owners are happy for this new aesthetic as well. There have been some who felt that their M cars were being watered down. They felt their real M cars didn't reflect the 6 figure price tag and needed to be differentiated from the peasants and their lowly M performance cars aka fake M's etc. Well at least now those folks got their desire answered with the G80.

Needless to say, I am not interested in the G80/G82. The G87 is what I am leaning towards which is years away from debut.
I'm not sure how much of this is on the shoulders of the designers vs. corporate. I lean toward the latter since BMW really strikes me as an MBA-driven company over the past 10-15 years.

Concept cars are where designers are free to do whatever they want and they never did a concept with this crazy the front. The M3 CSL Hommage is a "big grille" concept the designers put out and it looks fantastic. The shots are definitely being called outside the design studio.

I can't comment on who signed off on what since I don't work there lol. I work for a German multinational corporation but it ain't BMW. Anyhow, it's true as they say no company can make everyone happy. I am not upset since for months we knew about these grills and to be fair they look better than some of the early images.

I have decided awhile ago that I wouldn't get a G80 mainly due to size. M2 is what interests me so not much disappointment here. I am not one of those fortunate guys who are already on the Porsche lot to get their next fix.
Germanauto9704.00