Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppetz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
are you talking about G87, G87C, G87CS?

If just G87, why would they put CF roof and adaptive suspension in it? What would that leave them to play with when it comes to the higher C & CS iterations of the platform?
Agreed. I am new to BMW, and have my M2C on order, so I don't have a lot of experience with the technology and enhancement changes between model generations; but they just got done charging $20K for that stuff, and I'm not sure how upset they would want all those CS owners who just paid up for it. I think it's great to be hopeful, but I don't see it happening.
Totally.

I'm one of those CS owners and would be pretty pissed if they did that. In fact if they do something like that, my F87 M2 CS will be the last BMW I'll ever buy.
I'm 99% sure they'll do this.

Why would they build a new m2 without an adaptive suspension and CF bits? In what world will bmw say, "hey we can't put this stuff in the new M2 bc we have it in the CS and overcharged a bunch of people...that won't be a good look"? Lol.

They're will be a stripper version (which I prefer) and a top tier version with the same/similar M3/4 CF options (e.g seats) and extras w/ $10-$15k in options. Then they'll belt out another CS version in 2025.

If people are cool with the G80 styling, it won't take long for them to warm up to the G87.

Also, BMW has the market cornered for a manual $60k to $75k coupe. They can diarrhea out whatever they want and it'll sell.
Appreciate 0