Rep
Drives: M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargaM2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Deep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TargaM2 View Post
I highly doubt this car will be 750k, the bespoke hommage concept if they had produced it may have been that sort of money.
This tarted up M4 CSL that they have produced instead I would expect to be in the (US$) 250k region.
Sure makes the M4 CSL look like a bargain now.
Concept cars usually cost some millions as everything basically just exists one time…

After checking some details, I can believe that the car costs somewhere in that range.

For example, painting requires a special process, which requires 134 paint cycles and 6,700 manual work sequences per vehicle as everything is painted, there is no warp.
All the CFRP parts are manufactured by hand in Dingolfing plant and each vehicle goes through eight assembly cycles in a complex process that takes up to 10 days.

So in the end the amount of work drives the prices, not how special or not the car may look to some
Yes I read the marketing blurb too that you just recited word for word.
As I said they did NOT produce the hommage concept car, instead this is just a tarted up M4 parts bin special with some bespoke carbon panels & a paint job.
If you can't tell the difference you need to forget the marketing crap & take a look at what they have actually produced as opposed to what they proposed.
We are talking 2 completely different cars here & it's surprising that so many are so ignorant that you can't tell the difference.
This is NOT a $750k car.
Maybe you should grow up and don't call people ignorant that try to give you some hints why a car may cost more than it's worth to you personally.
Just because it's based on an existing car, you don't seem to know what drives prices of cars…and did I say it's 750k, no, but in a range that is way higher than your M4 with a bodykit thinking.

Are special edition Bugattis worth the sometimes 2-3 money than a normal one? They are basically the same car, but limited and have a different color, some paint stripes and that's it. And yet people buy them.

More than 50% or even more of the price of this car i solely because it's limited to 50 pieces an therefore rare…or you think the M4 CSL is worth double the price of a normal M4 just because of the few modifications? Manufacturers price their cars based on the efforts they have to build them and R&D they put into it. Or you think BMW is doing the additional work for free?

Based on your logic, you could order this car now, but funny enough, all are sold, so for those 50 people the car is worth the extra money, be it 300k, 500k or the rumored 750k
Appreciate 2
EXE462100.00