Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerHellcat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by translux View Post
Don't have AWD or and auto but everything seems to want to play especially when in Mexico.

Notable so far-
Mustang assume Ecoboost with tune as it was loud but wasn't crazy and had a little devil sticker on the fender.
From a lower speed roll I was able to pull away with ease. Driver commented that he didn't think I'd be that fast.

Very loud Corvette C6
From a roll he got the jump but I was able to put a couple car lengths on him.
Driver never looked my way at the next light.

Challenger Hellcat wide body-Louder than stock and more supercharger wine than stock with a Barth Tuning sticker on the window and I could smell ethanol.
So pulley, tune and E85 IDK?
From a roll was pretty even until I had to shift, then he would pull away but not by much. Much closer than I expected.

Jaguar F Type R
Highway run, pretty even though I could slowly close the gap.
Though ever time he nailed it a modest amount a black smoke from the exhaust from looked like blow by.

Countless others but nothing notable.
I'm curious the challenger run...what speed did you start at. Because a Tim Barth e85 hellcat runs 60-130 is mid 5s compared to M3 which is 9.5, it's not even in the same stratosphere in terms of racing.
I know doesn't make sense. I've driven a couple Barth built cars and they are insanity.
Though like all high HP cars without the right tires they're worthless. No doubt fun but not fast until you're at highway speeds.

It was a chance encounter and all happened pretty quickly.
If memory serves it was from 30-40 roll and I know was in 3rd at redline before I lifted.
It was at night and was cold, low 50's, so he may have had traction issues. The M3 did not.
As a side note I'm still very impressed by the traction. It puts the power down like nothing else I've ever driven.
Notable-Giulia QV, MK7 Golf R man,991 Turbo,CTS-V3, CTS-V2 man Speed INC. build, E60 M5 SMG, E46 M3 ZCP man, E39 M5, E39 540 man, Porsche Cayenne Turbo EVOMS build, EVO X AMS build, Blobeye STI, 83’ RX-7 built by Alan Jackson racing, Volvo 164e
Appreciate 0