View Single Post
      03-26-2021, 04:12 PM   #10
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80SRT View Post
After all the hatred of the new grill, myself being one of them, the longer I see it, the more I like the uniqueness of it. To that point, this redesign looks 'old' to me, and I would rather stick with the <insert funky name> new grills.
100% agree (coming from someone who swore up and down that I would never buy this generation with that grill, and now I'm days away from placing my order... )

And I'm not even too concerned about any aftermarket mods for the grill. As is, it has really grown on me (on most colors anyway).

But I didn't like the E9X or the F8X in all colors either.

And certainly, every time a new M comes out, it gets thrashed for some reason or another (too heavy, too big, too much overhang, sounds bad, the M deserves a better tranny, etc.) To be expected. No way any car will be universally loved.

So if you love your F8X, keep it. I love my E93, and I'm keeping it...even though it's "not a real M".

I miss my E46 (should have kept it), and I traded in my F82 for my E93, because I wanted a different experience.

I'm ready for the G82, because it's part GT (which I like, for my long backroad-seeking road trips), and part track fiend (power slides and fast back straights galore). It's a really good mix for me. Time will tell if I "love it" and want to keep it, like I do my E93. I'm certainly willing to give it a shot...especially over the RS5 and C63, and any 911 I can afford, and even among the 1st cycle of AMG GTs and 1st Gen R8s I considered for $85 - $95k. I decided I want the latest tech, a snazzy interior, and a solid, responsive engine with a lively chassis. The new G82 checks all those boxes...and I even get a decent backseat as well, which is an added plus.

And I like the fact that it will be sort of rare for a while anyway, you won't see a ton of them...just as I don't see a lot of E9Xs floating around. I like that.

Last edited by KevinGS; 03-26-2021 at 04:23 PM..
Appreciate 0