Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJiGGs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJiGGs View Post
You remove the kidney grille and the bmw badges and there's no shot you would of been guessing this was the new 2 series.

I'm not sure what changes happened back at HQ but man it feels like we are in the era of German designers paying homage or borrowing design elements from the eastern world and it used to be the other way around. Maybe I'm just getting older or who knows what but this new era of BMW is separating itself from its roots…imo

Kia/ Hyundai etc… all stole looks from Mercedes bmw Audi and some of them put all 3 on one car and now if someone told me this was a Kia or Hyundai trying to compete with the new supra I would believe it.

Now that is just on the exterior department. Interior looks good and I'm sure it drives well.
It's not German designers, it's just designers from all over the world that work their as you can see from this nice little bit of info.....

https://www.bmwgroup.com/en/innovation/design.html

Now if you want to blame the few at the top go right ahead as they are the ones that steer the design. .

Yeah you are right can't really blame the designers who pitch the concept.
You can't as the directors tell them what they want to see and they give it to them. Remember theirs tons and tons of ideas, and hundreds of sketches on the wall. A sketch can look great as a sketch but then falls apart as a real 3d object.

The directors and management have to make the calls. Do you work in a design studio?

Everyone seems to be an expert!
I don't need to work in a design studio to be able to use my eyes and look at a 3D object and be able to tell if things don't look right and/or are pleasing. And yes I know looks are subjective but if there is controversy there's a reason. No one looks at 458 Italia and says man what the fuck were the designers thinking here.

It's pretty clear that this and the g80 are stepping stones for what bmw has in hold for the future…. and if that's the direction then you can count me out on purchasing any new BMW. But who cares about my opinion the target audience for these cars arent made for convincing people to get rid of or in addition to the e30/36/9x and it's for the young and new with money and majority of those ppl do not have experience with the "classics".

To each their own tho I couldn't care less if everyone on the forums are buying 2 of them, I like what I like.
Yes and I hate this design myself, so will I buy heck no.

But I'm not trying to argue with you, I'm trying to show you it's more than a designer, it's a team of people but the upper management has to buy off on every aspect.

If the proportion is wrong sometimes that has engineering requirements and that drives design sometimes.

But as I've said the designers and modelers and everyone from designer to chief to upper management all has a part to play but the buck stops at the management.

I've been driven to create crap that I hate personally because management wants it that way.

So like I said unless
You work for a studio and know what crap goes
Ok then your opinion is just that and more than likely is wrong.

Whatever not gonna wast any More of my time arguing with you.
Don't think we are arguing. We both agree on the main point of the subject lol.

And like I said in my earlier post I agree with you that I shouldn't of said the designers are losing touch with bmw roots it's the guys at the top who have been there forever and put the stamp of approval on the final design.

But to say someone's opinion of what the car looks like to them is more than likely wrong because they aren't aware of the full process that goes behind designing a car is just not true. I wasn't saying anything about "oh hey they should of had a line there or a bend here".

For all I know they could of had to split the atom to make this car but in the end the result is the result and it looks like shite …… and wait for it…. *to me*
Appreciate 1