02-01-2018, 11:46 PM   #310
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
The main reason for me not buying an M3 today is due to its size i think the M3 has gone way to big compared to many other cars, i do understand the requirements for safety and such causing its size to swell a bit but not to much.

So therefor i bought my 235i back then because there were only rumors of a M2 nothing more, but yes it was marketed a bit to hard as an 1M successor but not from BMW them self to much but the hype caused by people more then anything, why? well because this was one of their first sports car in a long while going back on its size and bringing a small performance rwd coupé in to the market again so yes many saw it as a direct competition to the 1M, without thinking of the "M" as a whole with the chassi, engine, brakes tuning and yada yada. But if Scott is truly meaning the M-Performance brand is their for the reason to meet regulations of different country ok i guess i can buy that to a bit extend, but how about offering without to much extra cost an aftermarket "Purity" package where people them self can buy an package to bring it to the level of a truly sporty car that won't be beating an true "M" but will outshine the original models by far. A thought i guess.

Although this was one of the first BMW of this kind i owned my self i was not disappointed by the car in any regards except one and that was steering, before buying the 235i my last "performance" car was a C30 T5 R-Design granted it had nothing on the 235i cause they were many years apart from each other but the steering as i remember was better on the C30 then it was on my 235i.

But as scott26 pinpointed M-Sport is one of the most and biggest selling factors they have on their regular cars, so BMW knows how to sell their cars. Best example i can take is my own sister she owns an X1 20d M-Sport Auto, before placing the order on it i asked her why do you need M-Sport package on the car? You are not aiming to have a sports car in that aspect, but her answer as expected was, It looks good/better then original one. As stated before some people care only for their cars to look good/sporty and gives a shit damn about the performance as long as the car looks good. Maybe M-Sport should just develop the cars with the M-Sport typical look and make it look like that standard then change the M-Performance & the Pure M brand completely to make the car look very different from each other.

Idk just some thoughts of mine, other then that before this derails completely i can't wait to see the new M3 when it drops its camo completely to see what's hiding underneath i have a truly hard time seeing thru this camos i guess i am not one of the blessed ones who can "see" the car how it looks even though it has camo.
Appreciate 0