10-24-2021, 03:31 PM   #75
dubzz24
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by razman View Post
Yeah, I know you're right. I think since this is really my first "nice car" it's tempting to baby it, at least at first, but at the end of the day it's a 4-door sedan meant for all the things you mention above. Hell, I already plan to pop in a couple car seats in the back to shuttle the kids around in it (as there's no room to do that in the FRS anyhow) so it can't get more daily driver than that. Seeing others on here talk about how far their work commutes are too is making me realize 40 miles rt isn't bad enough to warrant the headache of keeping another car around and paying for its insurance/registration. Off to autotrader the FRS will go... I will miss you old friend.
Yeah man, you're doing the right thing! Mine will have child seats in the back too. Use it and enjoy it. The extra insurance and depreciation on the FRS will offset the depreciation on the M3, but you get to drive and enjoy your M3 every day.

When I first got my M2 6spd my plan was to use it as a fun / weekend car. The first winter I had it, I ended up getting snow tires mounted because I loved driving it so much and ended up commuting in it 40~ miles round trip every day. Rain or snow, it didn't matter. That car was a beast in the snow with proper tires. The funny thing is, at the time I also had a 2 year old Ram 1500 limited that I could have taken out at any time in the winter, but didn't. I just enjoyed driving the M that much more, even in the snow.

I also plan on DDing my G80. With the way things are going it'll be here just in time for winter 2022 lol.

Last edited by dubzz24; 10-24-2021 at 04:25 PM..
Appreciate 1
evilalien450.50