10-24-2020, 05:42 PM   #11
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Wowie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
No specific seats, it's General Admission so you just go wherever you want. There are tunnels and bridges so you can go back and forth to the infield. There are certain areas where you can get very, VERY close to the track when you're against the fence. I'd pick a spot, watch from that point for a half hour or so, then move to a different point. I was there for about five hours total, then drove home and watched the rest on TV. I'm about 45 minutes away from RA. I forgot ear plugs, but honestly the only cars that were really loud in person were the two white 911s.

The sensation of speed doesn't really translate well on TV. The cars going down the straight is pretty intense, and they all sound wildly different. The cars are all bunched up for the first several laps, so you'll see all of the classes go by then wait about a minute or so before they'd be going past you again. Once the field separates it gets a lot more fun to watch in person.
SO great!
Thank you for the at-the-track narrative of the race; it must have been awesome!