10-20-2020, 06:12 AM   #72
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
What kind of driving? No disrespect, but I used to be a valet in my younger years and I got to drive a lot of "special" cars. I couldn't say it gave me an accurate representation of each car in their elements: at the limit. How does one define "special" anyway? Because I've driven an E30, E36 and a E43. I've tracked both an E90 and my F80's and while they both feel different, I wouldn't say that the E90 was more "special" than the F80. In fact, I'm almost every single category of driving dynamics beside the sound, the F80 pretty much w blew the E90 out of the water. I would say there was slightly
more steering feedback, but honestly it was a fractional difference... it's not like comparing my mom's downright disconnected '85 Buick to a manual steering E30. It's not like the F80 steering feels like your playing Outrun at the local arcade. No one is going to suddenly vomit when they turn the wheel or turn into shit drivers by the numbness. It's like a 15% improvement in steering feel is going to undo a boat load of power and torque in a lighter car that handles, brakes, and accelerates better? I find that hard to believe.
You may want to get the blood flow in your arms checked if you cant feel the steering difference between an F8x and an E9x.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25051.00