View Single Post
      10-18-2020, 05:43 AM   #55
TheStanman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 992 C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
I’ve owned the original non-ZCP F80 M3, and now the ZCP. I’ve driven the CS, and Stage1 cars. For all of these, I’ve never understood what the hell people complain about with lack of traction.

Seems to me people were perhaps used of NA engines where you can drop the throttle like an on off switch - with not a lot of torque, things were docile. With the S55, you just have to learn throttle modulation but there is still *plenty* of traction.

I’ve driven mines dry/wet/snow on the street, and dry/wet on track. At no time did it seem like a snappy monster or an accident waiting to happen. I just don’t get these comments...
I also owned a 2015 and yes it definitely taught me good throttle modulation, which was kind of fun in its own right.

For me the issue was not absolute traction levels, but other factors - steering feel, traction control, and how it broke traction. Limited steering feel made it difficult to tell when it was going to break (had to learn other ways to sense). Traction control was super abrupt and would just cut power. And when it broke traction, it did not do it progressively.

I do think BMW has improved their traction control calibration.
Appreciate 0