View Single Post
      10-09-2021, 12:45 AM   #44
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 BGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
@KevinGS you're welcome to hear it in person. I'm in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
I don't know % wise but given the DB meter on the one with down pipes was quite loud with valves open I would say this is significantly quieter. If
You're looking for something a bit louder but nothing crazy I would say you would be very happy with this. As I said I didn't want something over the top with crazy pops and bangs. I have a baby and another on the way and really not in to drawing too much attention but the stock exhaust was a little too quiet. I think you'll like it, if anything it's on the subtle side rather than over the top side

iviegatron I doubt it. It's a 3.5 inch pipe and you have two secondary cats and two silencers being removed. I think it frees up airflow if anything. Can't imagine they would be restricting anything. My mechanic owns a G80 and has this fitted to his car too so I doubt he had any concerns either. Single Mid is a different design for sound purposes I believe
I think from memory when the VT mid pipe was dynoed with everything else stock it was a ~15whp gain, which is basically the same as PSI I believe, that would support that it's less restrictive than stock, and not materially different to PSIs offering
Appreciate 0