View Single Post
      06-15-2022, 02:50 PM   #73
mthreesixty3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 911 Carrera (991.2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erebor View Post
You ever put in in S3? I both feel it pretty clearly and there is almost zero lag. Dunno what car you drive, but mine is as aggressive as the DCT was in the M2C.
But it's a given that S1 and S2 is only for automated gearshifts. Those are slow.
I have a base 911 with PDK.

Even in S3 and sport plus everything, there is quite a noticeable delay. I don't think it's in the shift, more so in the time for the car to register that you hit the paddle.

Analogy:
911 PDK shifts are like when you hit the paddle, you INSTANTLY shift and feel like you are DIRECTLY shifting the car. It's telepathic. It really feels like I'm driving a manual without a clutch pedal.
G80 M3 felt like hitting the paddle was hitting a button on a computer, telling the car to shift, then the shift happens. It's not seamless. It's almost like if you are typing and you hit "a" and then see "a" on your screen .25 seconds later. I even hit the rev limiter during my test drive 3x

That's what it feels like.

You also don't "feel" the shift like you do in other DCT cars.

Also, I did NOT get the same feeling shifting the F80 DCT that I did the PDK. The F80 felt rough and still, not as snappy but a slight delay vs PDK. PDK is just perfect.

Almost everyone who has reviewed this car has commented on the gearbox and the delay.
Appreciate 2
s58544.00
Jimjamz4581.50