11-21-2021, 08:32 PM   #66
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02M3ForMe View Post
Does it not rain where you are?
Yes, and when it does, I drive like a sane person, so I have no fear in my RWD G82 of being "dangerous". I'm not racing down public roads in a spirited fashion in the rain. For me, not worth the risk with other drivers on the road, especially since many don't drive well in inclement weather (slippery, lower visibility, etc.)

And hec, when you read comments like the below, who cares about "safety" anyway, it's all about the performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
I think you're missing the point and conflating things. Nobody ever discussed "safety" here. You shouldn't talk about it.

This is a performance car.
AWD is a performance feature. Especially in inclement weather.

It is a shame when you have a car that could potentially accelerate quickly off the line get stuck spinning while the 80hp Subaru/SUV lurches forward.
Indeed. So if you're one to feel "bad" about your purchase when an 80hp Subaru beats you to 30 mph because they had more traction in the first 2 seconds, then by all means buy an AWD vehicle to prevent that sadness from happening to you.

Many of us are not stoplight racers. So I could care less that the Subaru pulls me across the intersection, because the Subaru owner and I both know which car we'd rather be in ...and if we're traveling any farther than 150 feet, we both know that I'll be blowing past them, if I wanted to.

But if real world 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile races are everything to you, obviously you should get the AWD version.

And really, as I've always said, if you have the money, the AWD version is likely the better purchase for most. But if you're trying to save money, and you're not on a consistent mission of squeezing every ounce of performance out of a G8X, then I contend that the RWD will do just fine for most, since it has loads of traction in its own right.
Appreciate 1
CP911986.50