11-21-2021, 12:43 PM   #54
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes335XI View Post
I was going to say, it must not rain and it definitely doesn't snow where you are.

AWD is a beautiful thing, especially in a place where it does snow. It's nice that during the summer months, if you wanted RWD, go ahead and put it in RWD. I'm in Alaska, so a RWD car here doesn't make a lot of sense, but people will still buy them. Most are put away during the winter though. Very few will put studs/snow tires on them and drive in the snow/ice.

The AWD M3/M4 will do quite well up here. I'd expect to see more of them up here as time goes on. I think it's great! But if you have a reason to not want AWD, that's fine too. It is a $70K+ vehicle. So order/build the car exactly how you want it.
On the contrary, it rains and snows a shit ton here near Chicago. I simply understand from 20 years of experience driving through the terrible winters that true winter tires + RWD will outperform all seasons + AWD every single time.

You guys are just drinking the AWD kool-aid and aren't even giving it a 2nd thought.
Mr. Hankey1028.50