View Single Post
      01-03-2022, 04:11 PM   #8
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyATL View Post
The highest mph I saw was maybe 165 indicated...Reminds me that the extra $21k over my M440cv was money well saved, for now any way.

I love fast/fun cars, but at $70k my lowly 440CV is already the most expensive car I've ever owned. If they can't take advantage of the extra top speed over there, I certainly never will here.

I know there is more to it than top speed and I do suspect in a couple of years I may trade up to an M4CV, but for now I think the M440CV is all the speed/performance I need.

Those M3/4 cars are monsters though and I hope you all love and enjoy them....wonder what that would have been like with the top down?
I bought an M440 because 95% of my driving is commuting and longer trips, though I do have some of the best twisty roads in the US - maybe the world - in my backyard, so once in a while I like going for a spirited drive for brunch or something.

If I were planning on tracking my car more than once a year, had a twisty windy commute with no traffic, lived in an area with higher speed limits, etc I would have pulled the trigger on the M4 instead.

While I respect the even-higher M4 trims, IMO 99% of people who own one - even those who track it regularly, which are rarer still - can't or won't push those to their limits. So to me it makes more sense to get something you CAN absolutely flog at its limit, than something that you will rarely if ever have a chance to push hard.

It's kind of like the Miata argument on steroids I guess. Or the 300 / 600 / 1000 argument if you're into motorcycles. You can absolutely flog a 300cc in the twisties and have fun; a 600cc is more than enough to get you in trouble and kill you; a 1000cc in the twisties or even on a track you will be hard pressed to explore the limit of.

...goddamn if the M4C doesn't make me drool though.
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 0