View Single Post
      01-01-2022, 05:25 AM   #15
Zircon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M4CX, MT09, YZF-R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
Obviously, you never had a previous BMW and you talk from your friends or other people perspective. You also lack any knowledge of BMWs history. BMW was always the benchmark of the pack in terms of handling and driving dynamics.
(Start reading).

In terms of electronics and components software can you please be more sepcific instead of throwing generic, unfounded phrases?
I mean what the heck are you talking about?
Since you never owned a BMW before from what perspective are you talking? From the perspective of your friends that brought all the abused second hand vehicles from Germany to Romania?
Even so, BMW electric systems where super stable compared with its competitors and they rarely posed problems. I don’t want to point out to manufacturers which are known to have “Christmas dash lights”.

Software-wise, BMW RULES (!) over the others! Why don’t you try other manufacturers GUI to see how much fun is to place a call, find a contact or access certain features?
This is another proof that you have no clue of what are you talking.

Engine problems are in all vehicles and very specific to many and all manufacturers.
Except BMW, - or Germans in general- throw their new product on the market, while other brands are waiting on the side to see what is all about. Every product was refined during its history and became better but very few can take pride in auto innovations as the Germans do.
You don’t like it? Buy a Toyota. It is reliable to take you form A to B in a very basic boring fashion.

In terms of transmission problems, you are OBVIOUSLY a guy that lacks any knowledge in the field.
First, the problems were almost inexistent in transmissions
Secondly, beside the specific soft tuning made by BMW to obtain the best performance in relationship with BMWs engines specs, they use the same extremely reliable ZF transmissions like other German manufacturers.

Get some proper education in the field and stop posting irrelevant non-personal knowledge in here.
I get that you have no personal experience with the brand, but I can not accept your generic “others-influenced” unjustified posts.

The interior was actually quite the opposite in terms of design as BMW always had (especially in the past) a beautiful and flowing design in the interior with a cockpit like design, made for the driver.
They not only had a very comfortable and sporty approach, but they use a wide palette of colours and refined materials. BMW was the inventor and the definition of “sport luxury sedan” term.

BMW never wanted to be the wild fashion guy, but rather the well dressed gentleman that will cary with elegance its impecable teutonic look.
You have your opinion and I have mine. Mine improved lately.
The only thing I want to add is that I don't discuss beaten, "tuned" or shady cars imported from Germany.

Btw, you also mention a huge problem for BMW as a brand. They want to be the fashion guy but sadly, a few years after release those cars dribble down to very unsavory people. Of course, it happens to Audi and Mercedes but some BMW owners really stand out.
Appreciate 0