Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tna3 View Post
Probably would have been out of place, but I would have asked why BMW abandoned the design language that made them so famous through the 80's and 90's and if there would be any chance to rekindle in the future? (aka a polite way to ask about ugly front ends)
Lol, I can answer that for you.

"We believe our design language must move forward with the times and our new models represent this new exciting direction focused on the driver but also on the emotion of driving, how dynamic it has become (marketing BS talk). For example our new M-cars are 4 wheel drive today, something in the 80s and 90s would be unthinkable (some deflecting). Moreover, our customers today in the very crucial markets in USA and China want that the cars look more aggressive, and reflect the performance they bring (right!)... As I mentioned, the I4 and IX which sport very bold new language in design are sold out and in very high demand. The recently shown XM SUV has received a great deal of coverage also (technically correct). We think our customers are very important to us and they really appreciate our cars and what the brand stands for".

Something like that he will say.

I know you want him to admit that "yeah, we have this woke marketing team that took over and the designer is on a contract we think is too tricky to end, so just like you im biting my fingernails in horror but let's hope that at least the way cars drive will keep some of the purists happy, fingers crossed. Sorry for calling you boomers, that was unfortunate, that person works in mail room now". But this will never happen.
😂
Appreciate 0