View Single Post
      03-31-2024, 01:49 AM   #29
TomDXB
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 G83 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Eight View Post
The thing is the following; even if the G8x platform is stunning.....I think it's not as special as a "real" performance GT or even an entry level supercar for the price.

Maybe you're looking for something more "special", and believe me....I really understand you.

Did you see the new Vantage one? What about something new from Aston for you?
I love my G83 but as you've said, I'd like to have something more "special"

I've now driven the McLaren GT (testdrive) and Artura (testdrive and track event), Ferrari 812 Superfast (2 days) and Portofino M (4 days), AMG GT (coupe and the 4 door, 63S - 1 week each), E63S sedan (3 weeks), 911 992 C4S Convertible (1 week), M5 Competition (1 week), new M2 (2 days on the Nordschleife - BMW Trackday Event).

Unfortunately none of these cars really triggered an urge to sell the M4 and switch. The last time I had this feeling was when the Jaguar F-Type came out and I had it as a rental for one week. Sold my Cayman S and bought an V6S...still miss the car a little bit

I'm now waiting for the new Vantage to see the interior and maybe have a testdrive. Always loved the way they look and now with the Mercedes V8 and an up-to-date interior it looks like a very nice package.

But it's difficult, the M4 is just a really good car and ticks so many boxes, especially as a daily driver.
Appreciate 0