View Single Post
      02-24-2021, 08:19 AM   #25
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

The "zero lag" comment is interesting. Can you expand on this? I have heard people whisper this about turbo motors and it's always incorrect. Was this more a comment that, at corner exit RPMs, the S58 has you well into boost range where the S55 struggled a bit? FWIW I found the S55 really bad in this regard--enough for me to skip the F8x and M2 comp. If this is what you were saying then it really sounds like the S58 has had some work done in this regard.

BTW great news on the sound insulation. I like how you put it--feels faster at lower speeds. AKA the entire point of a sporty car. Nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcai View Post
The auto they put in new M cars are solid. When you're on throttle, upshifts are very crisp. The box fires out the upshifts quite literally (if you have a non-EU spec exhaust) and it will never upshift automatically at redline in manual mode. There's minimal delay in shifting period. Not once have I wished that the gearbox would respond quicker when I'm driving my car. Be wary that launch control shifts are limited to ~100 launches over the entire lifespan of the gearbox.
Sure.. it's "good". But with the M3/M4 being one of the few cars you can still get in manual, for the love of god, buy the manual! I am curious if the uptake on manual models on the M3/M4 is similar to the M2--or if the M2 is still viewed as that more driver-involved choice. This new M4 sounds like it takes steps to move back toward driver engagement (well.. minus the insane weight gain).