06-25-2021, 02:02 AM   #20
CadHater
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggler View Post
I’m definitely a die hard car person but I’m just not sure the two cars are that far apart when sitting in typical California traffic unable to tap the performance. Then there’s that baggage that comes with daily driving something special, expensive, and sought after: “my car is special I have to always keep it clean, I have to valet it to keep it safe, are my employees going to get jealous and start asking for raises if I take it to work, I have to keep the miles low to preserve the residual, I can’t park it near other cars they’ll door ding me,, what was that clicking noise I need to take it to the dealership”. All that personal shit aside, I absolutely understand the full M car is in a completely different league. It’s just a question of whether it matters if I don’t have time to play hooky on a weekday to take it to Sears Point or Thunderhill. For me the decision would be so much easier if I didn’t already have the M340i which is such a capable performance daily driver.
I get where you are coming from. I still had those thoughts about keeping it clean and keeping miles low on the M340i. It was the most expensive car I ever bought at the time, now the G80 M3 is even more. I took the M340i on the Nurburgring and I will do the same with the M3. I buy cars to drive them and I will not baby it or keep it as a collectors item. This is my hobby and its expensive, I have accepted that.
Appreciate 1
TxFeatFan487.00