06-22-2021, 02:22 AM   #13
CadHater
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggler View Post
The M3C is still on my list, but I’ve had my M340i RWD for going on 2 years and not sure if it will make much of a difference for daily driving. I’ve read the instant responsiveness of the twin-scroll B58 is superior to the twin turbo S58 for throttle and go situations. I suppose I’ll be needing a test drive to figure it out. lots of options to consider.
You should definitely drive the M3 and use that experience to help you decide. I love my M340i xDrive. It launches hard and pulls hard, but the top end is definitely lacking. All it needs is a tune and a few bolt-ons to fix that though.
The reason I decided to order the 22' xDrive M3 Comp is because I have an irrational love for cars. I can't tell anyone else what the car is worth or if it makes sense to jump from B58tu to S58. Cars are definitely not a good investment, they are just something that brings me immense joy. I decided to just pull the trigger, no regrets.
If you aren't a die hard car person, it might not make any sense to upgrade. A RWD G20 M3 and an xDrive M340i does not have a huge gap in straight line performance considering the price difference.
Appreciate 6