06-06-2020, 02:32 PM   #998
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
i have a surprise for you, i'm not white.

i never said all blacks do those things. This issue we have going on right now, is not squarely racism, it's a multitude of things. Parenting as i mentioned before comes to mind. A majority of parents out there, shouldn't be parents. Train/teach your kids better, they will generally follow. This will keep your kids out of stints with police.

The thing that really irks me them most about Floyd's death, is the entire scenario in which he died. The man was killed for "allegedly" having a fake 20. Was it really neccesary to have 3-5 cops pull up on one dude for this? It just boggles my mind. Take his 20, trash it, fine him, move the fuck on. Was an entire police force needed to arrest a man for selling individual cigarettes, which ultimately led to his death?All of these things are so trivial, it's unbelievable to me.
I was waiting for you to drop that....it's why I didn't say anything.

I grew up in it although I'm white. And my generation was different as you had parents actively involved in their kids lives. I'm 45......and since then things have changed so much.

If one of my black friends walked into their parent's house acting like some do today....they would be put in place very quickly. Same for white kids back then.

I remember once being spanked by my black friends mom. We both got into trouble and she got us both. My parents reaction......I got in trouble again because she had to discipline me.

My brother is a LEO. He and all his department disagree with what happened. Our small town sheriff was proactive and came out condemning it. He said he supported protesters and encouraged it. However he said they would not tolerate riots or looting....otherwise feel free to assemble and voice your opinion.

He also said that they were using that example going forward in future training although they have never trained anyone in subduing by asphyxiation.