View Single Post
      03-27-2024, 09:07 AM   #19
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draper View Post
Depreciation is of course a concern, but the Taycan was an expensive first gen product with a niche market. Macan is Porsche's best selling vehicle, and coupled with the more modest price point means a larger pool of buyers (both new and used).

They do need a base model at a lower price point (maybe high 60s/low 70s), but this type of rollout isn't that different from what they did with the first Macan with only offering the S and Turbo trims, then adding base, GTS, and Turbo PP later.

Also, since the ICE Macan (and 718) are already done in Europe I wouldn't expect them to dump a bunch of money into developing a new ICE platform, so the Macan could very well be EV-only very soon.
I can see more people moving on to the Cayenne for the price they are asking for the EV Macan. There will be the crowd that is looking for an EV, but I'm not so sure the Macan will continue to be Porsche's best selling model (not now at least). You may see customers looking at other brands for a while. This is a big gamble for Porsche.