View Single Post
      06-27-2021, 06:27 AM   #3
Carbon dude
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 320D 2019, current M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbm007 View Post
The armed forces discount is great, I initially ordered a G80 through them but then when I got told December for delivery I pulled out (ordered from a different dealer for September delivery / similar discount). As far as I know they are now quoting Q1 2022, and the offer is only valid till end of June so you will need to be quick!

As for your questions, I can only speak about the previous generation of M3/M4's:

The initial run in service costed me about £300 (which is something you need to get done at 1200 mile mark). My first service (the oil + filter change) was about £375. The second service consists of brake fluid change as well as oil + filter change, it's a bit more expensive at £500 (never had to get this done as it was due at the 3 year mark and I sold before then).

I only had to change my rear tyres once and that cost me £220 per tyre (you want to go for Michelin PS4S tyres) at around the 12000 miles mark (that is on a RWD, be interesting to see how much slower the AWD on the new G8X wears out tyres)

Fuel wise, it just depends on your driving style like you said, sometimes I could get 320 miles out of a tank, other times 190/200 miles...

In the end yes this car will be a bit on the pricey side in terms of maintenance/running costs but worth it IMO!

Good luck
Thanks for your reply, its exactly what I wanted to hear.

I had had a tremendous initial offer on my G20, even making a profit on my purchase price. Coupled with the forces discount and the equity on the G20, the M3 drops from £799pm to about £392 over 5 years or £485 over 4 years pcp.

I have never been a petrolhead and drive normally (most of the time) but I have had a track day. So I'm not sure if the M3 is just too much of a jump, either that or the M340i/M440i. The M3 is just a damn nice looking car though!

I see your also in Glasgow, what was the other dealer you used with a similar discount?

When you initially went with the forces discount, did they budge on the price or rate? I appreciate its a great deal that they already give but if there's room to move then even better.

Thanks
Appreciate 0