View Single Post
      10-13-2020, 11:44 AM   #16
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
M5 is a lot bigger and more expensive then the M3. Dont see many make that jump but if you go on the M5 forum there are def people who do. Its an amazing car, I love driving them, super fast and luxurious, but just a tad too large for me personally
This ...

Short version: M5 is great for what it is .. a big heavy fast autobahn cruiser ... don't expect it to be a jack of all trades kinda car (sports car + touring).

M5 is fast, cool, spacious ... but when I had an M6GC Competition I had really hammer it to get any kinda "fun" out of it ... and it really wasn't even fun on track ... it WAS always a nice place to be with the high end sound system, beautiful sounding Akrapovic exhaust, CCB were cool, but I prefer a more nimble car.... it's a lot of money for a car serving the same purpose as a Honda Accord that you cannot *legally* really tap into. Merging onto highways was great but I found myself far exceeding posted speed limits too routinely bc the car would do it so effortlessly.. that's my fault but high speeds is where these cars really shine.. accelerating hard to 35-70mph gets kinda old. I love it for what it is but ultimately I can think of better ways to spend my money ... e.g.: M550i (or M3) + $40k sporty car of your choice. Plenty speed and luxury from the M550i or M3, and can find a sportier and more fun car for $40k to fill that purpose, especially if you dive into the used car market for your weekend car...

If I get another large M car, itll prob be an X5M... I can at least haul/tow some stuff which would help justify the $$ ...

If you have access to the autobahn, the M5 makes more sense ...

Appreciate 2
GOLFFRR10818.50
jmg18709.50