Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 430I grand coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
It has the same visual donkey punch as an Alfa Romeo Guilia Quadrofoglio. Only Alfa Romeo and BMW can get away with a front end that prominently features it's heart or twin kidney shaped Grilles.
Personally I love it. I love how they have done something entirely new with the Aerodynamics Packet now that they have the larger kidney Grilles.
"Donkey Punch"? Right. To the customers...

- 1. Alfa has no sharp lines, nor ultra sharp angles like the ones presented by you in here. Compare the mirrors, front bumper lines, arches. At least they are coherent and follow the same sinuous flowing design everywhere.

- 2. I personally don't like AT ALL the Alfa design as I find it uninspiring and ugly. I also find that design already dated.

- 3. No, Alfa and BMW will never "get away" with that design. It is a forced design, a lack of inspiration, a scream of blink because your BMW design team is out of ideas. Change the team, Kia does it better than you do.

- 4. Pretty sad to see BMW looking outside the fence. You should be able to pull your own original design. Remember E30?

- 5. Since Alfa inspired you, I really hope you will not get inspired by their reliability...

But with that design who cares... I will walk away anyway.
The Alfa looks way better. Much cleaner. The rendering on the BMW is just to busy and to much going on in the front end.
Appreciate 4
stein_325i25083.00
Teutonic2709.00
SD ///M42992.00