View Single Post
      07-28-2022, 01:46 AM   #17
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooshay View Post
So you have an M and drool over an appliance sitting in the parking lot. Lol.
Have you actually ever driven said "appliance"?

Granted, it's more money, but that's besides the point. The Taycan 4S/Turbo/Turbo S is a ridiculously capable car with an interior that's significantly more luxurious feeling than the G80. One might have certain preferences over interior wants (physical buttons vs. capacitive) but overall, I can't imagine many, if any, people saying that the G80 has a better interior than the Taycan. But again, they're leagues apart in pricing so it's fine.

But don't lump all EV's together. Tesla's cars are made for the masses that can be considered "appliances" because they're just a one trick pony. However, Porsche created a car that's genuinely capable for fun driving around twisty roads with face melting straight line performance. I've got a fair bit of time behind the wheel of a Turbo S, and it made me think twice about what I thought was fast. For reference, I was daily driving a 991 GT3 at the time when the dealership tried getting me into a Taycan Turbo S, they loaned one out to me for a bit while servicing the GT3 - it impressed me quite a bit.

Don't knock it 'till you try it.
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 2