United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition XDrive SPY

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkap27 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sJohnny View Post
I did briefly consider it as an option. Both the Taycan and the G8X styling are right up my alley, and I don't really consider myself a more purist automotive enthusiast in the sense that I have to have an ICE to have fun.

The way I see it, I view the Taycan the same as the M5. While they're unique for obvious powertrain reasons, they both target that same large performance sedan market. ( Not a great description, but you know what I mean )

I was looking for a smaller more nimble performance sedan around 90k or so. The Taycan is bigger than I'd prefer and more than I'd want to spend when optioned the way I would like, even with applicable tax benefits.
Are there applicable tax benefits to evs at that price point? I thought those stopped at like 75k…in the us at least
As of now, there is no max MSRP limit on the federal EV tax credit. The amount you can be credited depends on the kWh size of the battery, as well as how many EVs the manufacturer has sold. The Taycan qualifies for the full $7,500. Your particular state could have an additional credit with its own potential limitations etc.

Now, this is all subject to change as a result of the Build Back Better bill, which could very well implement MSRP limits etc.

As a disclaimer, I'm just some computer nerd on an internet forum, not a tax professional. This is just my understanding based on the research that I've done.

Here's a Department Of Energy website that allows you to search the applicable Federal Tax benefits for a particular EV: https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml