View Single Post
      10-25-2019, 08:40 AM   #8
BBoyM3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 Competition AW/SO

Garage List
Is the next generation M3 potentially high on my list? Yes. However, I can't answer the proposed question until I see a G80 in person and drive it. No one knows what the production G80 will look or drive like at this point, so any answer is based on conjecture. What I love most about the M3 is the versatility of the car (went from 991.1, to M2, to M3). To me, my F80 is the perfect blend of the aforementioned cars (all stellar).

As far as moving back to Porsche. I've had 2 Cayman S's and one 911. They are special, beautiful (IMO), and drive like a dream. However, they can be challenging to live with on a daily basis due to practicality (I'm single, no kiddos), are expensive to maintain, and depreciate steeply if purchased new and driven (10K+ miles per year). I love them. However, they are a factor or two more expensive than BMW ownership. Worth it? IMO - yes for the experience. Not for everyone, though.

C6 - Sounds like an incredible car - numbers are impressive. However, great cars are more than just numbers. It also has the practicality issue like the Porsches. I've not driven one, yet. I still question build quality and interior quality from experience (ex-GM engineer). Porsche is rock solid in this aspect, but more expensive. I'm hopeful of this car. Can't beat it for bang for the buck. Never owned one, yet. Maybe this will be the one. Dunno.

MB C63 - I've never owned or driven one. They have always caught my eye, though. Maybe I should drive one. My understanding is MB is more luxury/sport, and BMW is more sport/luxury.

Lexus IS - A new one is coming next year. It will supposedly have the turbo V6 (possilby twin turbo like the LS). Who knows what it will look like and drive like. Cost of ownership is typically low, and reliability is typically high. Time will tell. Owned an IS-F and loved it. RC-F doesnt appeal to me style-wise.

My $0.02.

Last edited by BBoyM3; 10-25-2019 at 09:18 AM..
Appreciate 5
JTO245276.00
Seniorleb528.50
Gorkyg48.00
Dr.Deep1827.00