View Single Post
      06-01-2021, 08:13 AM   #1
Murf
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3C - Dravit Grey

She's here - my new Dravit Gray G80

Put 120 miles on her yesterday. Some observations:
  • Car feels big at first but after a few miles that fades. Seats are very comfortable (standard buckets).
  • I notice a fair amount of engine vibration through the seats and steering wheel at low speeds, surprising actually as car is smooth at hwy speeds. Wonder if it's just stiff engine mounts that will soften with miles. Anyone else notice this?
  • Steering is FAST/QUICK and takes some getting used to. I had some initial trouble with lane control at speed, you have to concentrate.
  • Efficient throttle setting is pretty dead and Sport is a little jumpy around town, kinda wish there was something in between.
  • Ride is firm in all settings but not harsh. Car was delivered with all tires at 40+ PSI so that def contributed to first impressions.
  • I love the tech but I am coming from a 2016 M235i which is pretty basic. It can get overwhelming but thankfully customization options are everywhere. Really enjoy the map on center cluster feature.
  • It's not easy to keep this thing under 5500 rpm, I've already exceeded it a couple times. Not gonna sweat it but kudos to those of you that can adhere to this.
  • I got the sunroof and love it, it's very large and has an electric sliding cover under it. Was nice taking a ride last night with this open.
  • Finally, just a comment on the color. What people say about it not being captured well by camera is so true. It really is such a chameleon in that it changes dramatically depending on light. I parked in the sun at Publix, away from everyone else, and came out to 4 people standing around it admiring the gold fleck. I made this choice without ever seeing in person and could not be happier.

Goes in for tint and ceramic tomorrow, will post some better pics later in the week.

Questions? Just ask...
Attached Images

Appreciate 9
997CABOVA188.00
chicagofan0019299.00
cfm56d7b5930.00
02M3ForMe4270.50
heavyD^23688.50
W///7526.00
AlexN176.00