View Single Post
      10-25-2020, 08:47 AM   #12
John4C
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
I can tell you from our figures that 8 out of every 10 M cars we sold were auto. Yes we do get people who want manuals however its very rare outside the forum community.

So from that perspective I would imagine BMW will almost never release a mass production car that would neglect most of their buyers. at the end of the day BMW is out to make money, they will always cater to bottom line over enthusiast thats just the way it is. If it doesn't make dollars it doesn't make cents (sense)
Can’t argue with the data here but the CS May attract a different buyer profile.
I’ve been watching the M2 CS A bit and interestingly about 75% of confirmed buyers seem to be selecting 6MT. https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/po...ts&pollid=9947

Granted that is only reflective of about 10% of US allocations and forum buyers will tend to skew 6MT, but it wouldn’t be crazy if the eventual manual take rate on those was around 50%.

I think a special version will get more 6MT interest because it’s fundamentally the enthusiast version
Appreciate 0